RE: [ga] Whois Accuracy Study Launches

  • To: Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dominik Filipp <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Whois Accuracy Study Launches
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 17:09:22 -0700 (PDT)

When I was on our wg looking into this; the only real concern I saw was Law
enforcement, and a lady from RCMP and some fellow from Interpol, convinced me
it was not a big deal for them.  They kind a leaned toward privacy, a warrant
was no biggie and snooping was easy.

So the only redeeming (not really at all) value of this stuff goes to the IP
dudettes and dudes.  And I never did get that deal where the IP bar was only on
the side of big business, seems like the bar should cover both sides ----  oh
yea that would be stupid $$$$$ wise.