[ga] Re: ICANN News Alert -- Call for Expressions of Interest for 2010 Nominating Committee Chair
- To: ICANN News Alert <communications@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [ga] Re: ICANN News Alert -- Call for Expressions of Interest for 2010 Nominating Committee Chair
- From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 18:15:23 -0700 (PDT)
Am I misreading this doublespeak?? Does it really say "only insiders need
apply". "This counter reserved for club members only"??
--- On Fri, 6/5/09, ICANN News Alert <communications@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: ICANN News Alert <communications@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: ICANN News Alert -- Call for Expressions of Interest for 2010
Nominating Committee Chair
Date: Friday, June 5, 2009, 6:06 PM
ICANN News Alert
Call for Expressions of Interest for 2010 Nominating Committee Chair
5 June 2009
ICANN is immediately seeking expressions of interest for the 2010 Nominating
Committee (NomCom) Chair.
The NomCom Chairperson is responsible for organizing the NomCom in its
activities to select certain ICANN Board members and individuals who will serve
in key leadership positions within ICANN's supporting organizations (SO) and
advisory committees (AC) in accordance with ICANN's Bylaws. The Chair is a
non-voting member of the NomCom selected by ICANN's Board to serve until the
conclusion of the next ICANN annual meeting.
To properly serve as Chair, the selected individual must have: (i) adequate
time available to undertake the role; (ii) excellent communication and
negotiation skills to manage a committee of 22 - 23 members; (iii) a clear
understanding of the duties and responsibilities of each position for which the
NomCom is selecting candidates; (iv) experience on or with a Board of
Directors; (v) strong organization and leadership skills; (vi) ability to
remain unbiased; (vii) no conflicts of interest, and (viii) a thorough
understanding of, and satisfy, all criteria set forth in ICANN Bylaws relating
to the NomCom (see http://www.icann.org/general/bylaws.htm#VII).
No person who is an employee of or is a paid consultant to ICANN (including the
Ombudsman) shall simultaneously serve as a member of the NomCom, including the
post of Chair.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Plans and schedules NomCom meetings as required.
* Appoints non-voting Associate Chair if so desired.
* Reports to ICANN Board on status of the NomCom.
* Prepares and publishes the NomCom report.
* Coordinates due diligence on nominated candidates in cooperation with ICANN's
General Counsel and any outside firm(s) retained to perform due diligence
* Conducts outreach with ICANN Constituencies, ACs and SOs (with Chairs of
those groups), ICANN Board, and others.
* With other committee members, reviews and evaluates candidate Statements of
Interest (SOIs) and references submitted during NomCom process.
* Ensures NomCom records are properly established, maintained and archived.
* Approves outreach/advertising methods for attracting candidates.
* Approves posting of NomCom announcements on ICANN website.
For more specifics about the activities and time involvement of the NomCom
Chair see this attached chart
Further, for more information about the NomCom, the 2008 procedures are
publicly available and may be found at
All reasonable travel expenses and administrative costs incurred as a result of
performing the duties as NomCom Chair in accordance with ICANN's policies will
be reimbursed by ICANN upon the Chair's submission to ICANN of valid receipts
Expressions of Interest
Expressions of Interest, which will be maintained as confidential, should be
sent to NomComChair@xxxxxxxxx no later than 10 July 2009.
Sign up for ICANN's Monthly Magazine http://www.icann.org/magazine/
This message was sent by: ICANN, 4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330
, Marina del Rey, CA 90292-6601
Email Marketing by iContact: http://freetrial.icontact.com
Manage your subscription: