RE: [ga] Cross Posting

  • To: Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Cross Posting
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 05:37:23 -0700 (PDT)

No doubt what you say is true. You clearly are not a member of the unwashed.
You clearly are articulate, cooth, educated and sophisticated in more than one
language and on more than one continent. You make one point very clear: Many do
not want people outside of their class here.

Diversity and inclusiveness are the name of the game. Right up there with
openness and transparency and lest we forget reliability, security and
accessability. Many write here with ESL - thank you to them. Many write here
with and from differing cultures. What is crass and dishonorable in Japan may
be honest and forthright in Texas. What may be just a T-Shirt to Vint may be a
mantle of honor to a soccer fan. In one place spreading the word openly is of
much higher value than cloistering in clicques and lists seperated by devine
rules segregating and seperating the common flow of knowledge. Upper well bred
society is important. But so are our lowest netizens.

I took an extended trip to a country and met with Prime Ministers and
Information Ministers and IT educators. Back in 2000. I am moving out of a
neighborhood to run from gangs who are targeting my wife's profile and shooting
them. In moving I ran accross pictures from that 2000 trip. For some reason I
only have a couple of muckety muck muck shots but dozens of shoeshine boys and
street vendors and fisherman and dock workers. Many shots of them gazing into
my laptop screen in awe, and of us in internet cafe's where we learned
together. Learning and understanding should not be reserved for any group.

I think ICANN needs this street savy unwashed list. I think they need to keep a
dose of reality in their preverbial craw. I think we have enough of really good
men like you who dance the dance and speak the speech. Thank God for that. But
thank also for those not on the inside looking out but on the outside looking
inside.

Probably you should keep your upper echelon lists closed to the general public,
but keep this list open to the general public.