Re: [ga] List Rules, moderator and chair

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, John Palmer <jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] List Rules, moderator and chair
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 20:46:27 -0700 (PDT)

John, Jeff and Joe (J3)

Gentlemen the list participants determined, basically by apathy, that the GA
would be rudderless. There are rules. There are list moderators. There is a
chair. However there was radical and gross opposition to such structure as
arguably not enough participation was forthcoming to support legitimacy.

So you are SOL.

I suppose you have options. I will lame duck moderate for you. In which case a
stern shame on you is in order as defamation would not be in order for the
stating of what are clearly opinions. However I reckon I could twist some arms
and get someone suspended for the sake of civil discourse.
You could gather ten list votes, non confidential, to reinstate our list rules
and I will act as chairman for a short duration for a new election to take
place. You would need to provide voting and polling booths.
Probably you should just recognize that certain elements within this list do
not want it organized and there is not enough support to override those
elements. Therefor suck it up, try to be nice and meanwhile grow some thick
skin.

XOXOXO