Re: [ga] List Rules, moderator and chair

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] List Rules, moderator and chair
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 00:35:36 -0700

Eric and all,

  I for one have no problem with Mr. Palmer expressing himself
even if such an expression is ludicrous.  Men and women of good
conscience know the difference between what is and what is not
defamation.  I for one can leave it at that.  My motivation was
to try to help Mr. Palmer and also express to him that the wool
is rarely pulled over my eyes, and as a result in order to protect
myself and our members as well as my companies customers,
to whom I have a fiduciary and professional responsibility to,
I will take what action or actions I believe are necessary as I
become aware of the risks that may manifest themselves in
the manner I believe or know as a matter of our operational
licenses require, without a moments hesitation.  I will also
inform the public at large to the extent I can or have the
indirect ability to do so of same accordingly.

  It seems that Mr. Palmer took offense to my stated impending
actions based on his announcement and my follow up to same, which
to the extent of the information available to me informed me to make
my decision and execute as is appropriate.  From my point of view,
Mr. Palmers reaction of offense is not well founded, and certainly
not founded under any color of law that I am aware of.

Hugh Dierker wrote:

> John, Jeff and Joe (J3) Gentlemen the list participants determined,
  basically by apathy, that the GA would be rudderless. There are rules.
  There are list moderators. There is a chair. However there was radical
  and gross opposition to such structure as arguably not enough
  participation was forthcoming to support legitimacy. So you are
  SOL.  I suppose you have options. I will lame duck moderate for you.
  In which case a stern shame on you is in order as defamation would not
  be in order for the stating of what are clearly opinions. However I
  reckon I could twist some arms and get someone suspended for the sake
  of civil discourse..You could gather ten list votes, non confidential,
  to reinstate our list rules and I will act as chairman for a short
  duration for a new election to take place. You would need to provide
  voting and polling booths.Probably you should just recognize that
  certain elements within this list do not want it organized and there
  is not enough support to override those elements. Therefor suck it up,
  try to be nice and meanwhile grow some thick skin. XOXOXO

  --- On Tue, 4/7/09, John Palmer <jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

       From: John Palmer <jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
       Subject: Re: [ga] Re: The Inclusive Namespace now has a real
       E-Mail Service -LionMail(tm) has been launched
       To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
       Date: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 5:04 PM

       Slander is a violaton of list rules. I have made a formal
       complaint to the list moderator, both about Mr. Baptista's
       messages but alsoabout Mr. Williams slanderous domain
       remarks as well.