Re: [ga] Re: NTIA/DoC and DoJ bitch slap ICANN over new gTLDs!!!

  • To: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>, DOC/NTIA ICANN Rep <aheineman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "twomey@xxxxxxxxx" <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, Peter Dengate Thrush <barrister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ICANN Policy staff <policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx>, Kieren McCarthy <kieren.mccarthy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: NTIA/DoC and DoJ bitch slap ICANN over new gTLDs!!!
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 01:07:56 -0800

Ross and all,

  Well Ross, isn't the GNSO a creature of the ICANN Bod
staff's creation?  I believe it is.  Ergo, George's remark is
quite properly attributed.  The ICANN Bod and staff have
pretty much rubber stamped nearly every recommendation the
GNSO has put forward despite many of those recommendations
were not well supported by the Stakeholder/user community.

  This is not to say that the GNSO is mal formed, but is to say
that GNSO, the creature creation of the ICANN Bod and staff,
is mal managed, ergo as George put it very siscinctly, "Brain
damaged".  Such is also true, and always has been, of the
ALAC, and the Constituency model.  A "Brain Damaged"
and non-representative formation/structure if there ever was
one.

Ross Rader wrote:

> On Dec 19, 2008, at 5:13 PM, George Kirikos wrote:
>
> > ICANN's brain damaged attempts to introduce new gTLDs.
>
> In fairness George, this is a product of the GNSO, not ICANN as a
> whole. That doesn't change anything, but you should give credit where
> credit is due :)
>
> -rr
>
> "You don't need a lot of the stuff you think you need."
>                       - Jason Fried

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827