Re: [ga] New top-level internet addresses come with $100,000-plus price tag

  • To: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] New top-level internet addresses come with $100,000-plus price tag
  • From: "John Palmer" <jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 15:27:54 -0500

This is nothing but an attempt at wholesale theft of property from one group
of people (small businesses) by an organization so that they can sell that
stolen
property to rich and powerful people. Most of the gTLDs that are popular
are already owned and operated by companies, most of them small businesses
with limited resources. You know how justice works in the country - You get
justice if you can buy it, otherwise, you're out of luck. They are now proposing
to do what they did with .BIZ back in 2000 on a wide scale basis.

Whats new? ICANN is all about stealing things it does not own and profiting
off of it. We all know, for instance, that the UDRP is nothing but a scheme
that allows rich
and powerful interests to steal domains from poor people.
ICANN, Dick Cheney, George Bush, the Bilderburgs, Hapsburgs, Vladimir
Putin, Robert Mugabe - no difference between any of them.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dominik Filipp" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>