[ga] New top-level internet addresses come with $100,000-plus price tag

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] New top-level internet addresses come with $100,000-plus price tag
  • From: sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 08:02:37 -0700 (PDT)

All,

See article:
http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/article4218629.ece

One last money grab by the looters at ICANN and their moocher cronies. The
day of the truly international, standardized Internet is over. This move
is a pretty transparent attempt to dominate any DNS system by a bunch of
shortsighted and pigheaded individuals who have all the visionary capacity
of a rotten potato. The real (and unstated) intent of this move is to
preclude the advent of extra-ICANN DNS systems in any language on earth,
such that the resulting (or continuing) US dominated addressing system
will remain within the purview of American control. In effect, what ICANN
is telling the world is that no country/nation has the right to create its
own DNS as they will simply collide it into irrelevancy and make a
handsome "profit" at the same time!

A sad day for Internet users worldwide.

Sotiris

P.S. I will be unsubscribing from this list as there is no longer any
reason for me to follow the meaningless blabber hereon. Good luck to all
of you (except to the looters and moochers, I hope your genitalia rot).