[ga] ICANN domains high jacked - interesting message - and so true

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] ICANN domains high jacked - interesting message - and so true
  • From: "Joe Baptista" <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 11:54:33 -0400

Interesting to see that the ICANN and IANA domains were high jacked
yesterday.

http://www.zone-h.org/content/view/14973/30/

Basically they hacked the main page and left the following message

# NeTDevilz #

*You think that you control the domains but you don't! Everybody knows
wrong. We control the domains including ICANN!*

*Don't you believe us?*

haha :)

(Lovable Turkish hackers group)

(c)2008 NetDevilz Co.
We're not first,But We're the BEST!
regards
joe baptista

p.s. these hackers have the right general idea.  ICANN has no control over
root operations.  Years ago they had over 90% market share in root - now
thats down to about 70%.  So it pleases me to no end that the hackers have
heard the message i've been going on for years.  There is no ICANN root
monopoly.

--
Joe Baptista
www.publicroot.org