Re: [ga] List Rules

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] List Rules
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:10:40 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

<HEAD>
<STYLE>body{font-family:
Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color:
#ffffff;color: black;}</STYLE>

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16608" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=compText>
<STYLE>body{font-family:
Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color:
#ffffff;color: black;}</STYLE>

<P>Mr. Dierker and all,</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp; My position on the questionably ligitimate "List Rules" is well known
and</P>
<P>remains unchanged for the reasons I have already stated clearly and</P>
<P>emphatically.&nbsp; BTW, Mr. Dierker I trimmed you redundant CC's in
accordance</P>
<P>with the questionably ligitimate "List Rules".&nbsp; Please practice what</P>
<P>you preach, if you would be so kind.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp; It seems very clear that Dominik's motion is resoundingly carried
by</P>
<P>the majority of the actively participating GA members.&nbsp; However as</P>
<P>the GA does not have any formal voting process that it should have</P>
<P>there will always be a question as to weather or not Dominiks motion</P>
<P>is the will of the GA members.&nbsp; Here inlies, and has always been the</P>
<P>GA's biggest detrament and partly why as Ross indicated, the GA is</P>
<P>unfortunately largely discounted if not ignored.&nbsp; A sad commentary
indeed.<BR><BR><BR></P>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff
2px solid">-----Original Message----- <BR>From: Hugh Dierker
<HDIERKER2204@xxxxxxxxx><BR>Sent: Mar 31, 2008 11:17 AM <BR>To:
debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <BR>Subject: Re: [ga] List Rules
<BR><BR>
<DIV>The list has run along very smoothly for several months. The main reason
is voluntary compliance with the rules. Once this concept breaks down so does
the list. We are not talking about individual one time lapses. For constant
repeat violations we must stand strong and enforce the rules.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We are at a point for the first time in months, that the list is
coalescing into the form of producing a statement/motion. The AGP issue seems
to have come to a head and more formal resolution procedures may be
appropriate. I believe it is at a motion stage with 4 seconds. If the desire is
to move forward in a constructive effective matter, we should hear that from
the members.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Eric<BR><BR><B><I>Debbie Garside &lt;debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;</I></B>
wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"><BR>Please note that the list rules state no
more than 5 postings within 24<BR>hours.<BR><BR>A couple of people on this list
seem to be going over the limit on a regular<BR>basis.<BR><BR>This is a final
friendly warning. Anyone going over the quota in future<BR>will be suspended
from the list for a minimum of 4 weeks according to our<BR>list
rules.<BR><BR>There are a number of contentious issues currently being
discussed at the<BR>moment and, as has already been voiced, I would like to see
input from a<BR>variety of members rather than just the same few.<BR><BR>Best
regards<BR><BR><BR>Debbie Garside<BR>List
Monitor<BR><BR>http://www.geolang.com<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<P>
<P>Regards,</P>
<P>Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 277k members/stakeholders
strong!)<BR>"Obedience of the law is the greatest freedom" -<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;
Abraham Lincoln</P>
<P>"Credit should go with the performance of duty and not with what is<BR>very
often the accident of glory" - Theodore Roosevelt</P>
<P>"If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden,
B;<BR>liability depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by<BR>P: i.e.,
whether B is less than PL."<BR>United States v. Carroll Towing&nbsp; (159 F.2d
169 [2d Cir.
 1/26/04<BR>CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security
IDNS.<BR>div. of Information Network Eng.&nbsp; INEG. INC.<BR>ABA member in
good standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail<BR><A
href="mailto:jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</A><BR>My Phone:
214-244-4827</P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY>