Re: [ga] Call for Elimination of AGP

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Call for Elimination of AGP
  • From: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 22:46:43 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Chris and all,

  Of course.  And this scenerio will not likely change
much by technical means alone which is WHY I suggested
additionally that oversite 24/7 by ICANN staff as well
as policy that prohibits such errant nonsense to prevent
Tasting be strictly enforced.  That being if Registries
and Registrars don't police their operations, than they
loose their accreditation. <full stop>

  Playing "Lets make a deal" so to speak will never
suffice for long, if at all initially.

  Danny said it right, if ICANN doesn't do it's
duty, than governments will and some already have
started to do so.  Government regulation will commence
in ernest if ICANN continues to do a lack luster job
of controling it's registries and registrars appropriately.