Re: [ga] Call for Elimination of AGP

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Call for Elimination of AGP
  • From: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 22:35:58 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Chris and all,

  I must agree with Chris here.  The history of the GA
and ICANN Bod and staff members remarks, comments, and
declarations clearly show that what Chris has expressed
below is largely unfortunately largely correct.

  What's worse IMHO, is that the mission and promise of
ICANN originally expressed by Ester Dyson which was
"Trust us", which many of us whom have been around for
some many years now did, has largely been demonstrated by
betrayal, RegistryFly is one huge example or many other
less significant examples of that betrayal.  Now we
have Domain Name Tasting and Front Running, DN Warehousing,
Kiting and registrar transfer issues which could have been
avoided long ago base on ideas and suggestions from GA
members that were either ignored or not given the consideration
they deserved.  As such, users and registrants are and have
been endangered accordingly and remain facing such
dangers unecessarly and irresponsibly.

  And so, the ugly saga of ICANN continues...