Re[2]: [ga] domain tastinmg comments

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Shane Kinsch <shane.kinsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re[2]: [ga] domain tastinmg comments
  • From: Karl Peters - TLDA <tlda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:40:38 -0500

<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
body {
  margin: 5px 5px 5px 5px;
  background-color: #ffffff;
}
/* ========== Text Styles ========== */
hr { color: #000000}
body, table /* Normal text */
{
 font-size: 10pt;
 font-family: 'Arial';
 font-style: normal;
 font-weight: normal;
 color: #000000;
 text-decoration: none;
}
span.rvts1 /* Heading */
{
 font-weight: bold;
 color: #0000ff;
}
span.rvts2 /* Subheading */
{
 font-weight: bold;
 color: #000080;
}
span.rvts3 /* Keywords */
{
 font-style: italic;
 color: #800000;
}
a.rvts4, span.rvts4 /* Jump 1 */
{
 color: #008000;
 text-decoration: underline;
}
a.rvts5, span.rvts5 /* Jump 2 */
{
 color: #008000;
 text-decoration: underline;
}
span.rvts6
{
 font-size: 9pt;
}
span.rvts7
{
 font-size: 9pt;
 color: #993300;
}
/* ========== Para Styles ========== */
p,ul,ol /* Paragraph Style */
{
 text-align: left;
 text-indent: 0px;
 padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
 margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
}
.rvps1 /* Centered */
{
 text-align: center;
}
--></style>
</head>

whole difference scenario and Is really a scam in that aspect, but easy to
fulfill.&nbsp; The scammer will just search the .org/.net database, index it,
and compare any existing registered .net/.org domains and register the
corresponding .com (as in your case).&nbsp; Send out an automatic email stating
that they want to sell you the domain and charge you a hideous fee ($295) for
the services.&nbsp; I personally don�t see that as �tasting� but on the lines
of extorting.&nbsp; Tasting is where the perp samples the traffic and keeps it
if they see it valuable.&nbsp; Its one thing whether or not they contact
you.&nbsp; If they register and �taste� it vs. register and �extort� it are two
different birds.</span></p>
tasting, but it was a clear derivative of tasting, in that during the time of
the "offer to sell", the domain was not available and one week later, it was.
What other mechanism would allow for this without actually registering the
domain for a year?&nbsp; Please also answer my challenge about a company that
actually tasted hundreds of domains for their own end use and decided in a few
days which ones were not needed. This is important, because the only examples
of this "tasting" people can see is the very negative aspect. Please show me
people or companies that actually use it as designed.</p>