Re: [ga] Matthew Hooker from Los Angeles ICANN meeting

  • To: Dominik Filipp <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Matthew Hooker from Los Angeles ICANN meeting
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 15:12:07 -0800

Dominik and all,

  It would be a good thing to have an IRC [ Individual Registrant
Constituency ] which should have been a part of the old DNSO,
and the GNSO from the beginning.  However other constituencies
at that time were against such a constituency and the than seated
ICANN Bod agreed, hence no IRC.  Several attempts have been
made, including the ill fated IDNO, which thankfully became defunct
due to irregular and questionable activities.  We surely don't
want to repeat that experience.  The biggest problem is that any
Individual Registrant Constituency must be self funded which is
yet another reason why such a constituency has not come into being.

  What perhaps even more important is that the GA be reinstated
with representation on the GNSO council instead of only a "Liaison"
whom cannot reasonably, and never did represent the GA members.

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 277k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827