Re: [ga] IDN issues (was: On Elections)

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] IDN issues (was: On Elections)
  • From: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 23:41:55 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Danny and all,

  Observer status on a WG has little or no meaning.  Without
voting status a participant is marginalized accordingly.  Of
course this is systemic to the ICANN/GNSO structure anyway.
Such restrictions reflect clearly yet again how lack of
transparency and openness prevails within ICANN and the GNSO.
Users or registrants whom are not members of a ICANN constituency
are treated as if the were a Internet form of "Illegal Aleian".
That's hardly accountable!  Frankly our members find this diatribe
insulting and disengenious at best...