RE: [ga] IDN issues (was: On Elections)

  • To: "'ga the DNSO'" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] IDN issues (was: On Elections)
  • From: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 20:33:38 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Debbie and all,

  First off, non-profits that cannot afford to defend their
Domain names and/or Trade Marks are ill concieved and improperly
financially managed.  Secondly, over 5 years ago now the debates
regarding cybersquating and means by which to either avoid such,
or deal with such were largely ignored by the than sitting
ICANN interim Bod.  For instance, had the than ICANN interim bod
not instituted against public opinion, "Sunshine provisions"
first come, first serve would have nearly eliminated cybersquatting
for existing and long term registered domain names.