Re: GA "Election" was fake, ignore the "results" ( was Re: [ga] Elections Results - vote count)

  • To: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: GA "Election" was fake, ignore the "results" ( was Re: [ga] Elections Results - vote count)
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 09:55:10 -0400

George. I have taken a careful review of the list rules as they pertain to the election of chair. You are right. The election in which I have participated is not at all in process or form what I have read in ther list rules. Your also right the vote by David Scott can not be counted. Mr. Scott indeed did join the GA on my request for warm bodies to support Dierker. But since I know he only joined a few days or weeks ago he can not as per these rules vote.

I also don't know who can vote. The rules require the list of names (email addresses) from the GA listserv. I nor do I think Debbie has date. It also requires that this list be dated, i.e. "Each subscriber to the General Assembly mailing list receives one vote. Subscribers must have been members with at least 5 postings to the list, at least 90 days prior to the call for an election. The election period shall be at least 14 days."

Under the rules I'm not even sure who qualifies to vote. Its also alot of work to do the due dillegence required to validate members as haing the right to vote.

What a mess. I'll look into it. This does need to be addressed. Maybe we were working under prior rules - again don't know so for now give us the benefit of the doubt. You know me - I here to protect the GA users. I'll make sure this gets addressed.

Now just to make a correction or two. You quoted the tlda-members archives at http://groups.google.com/group/tlda-members and then said:

(archived at: http://www.loffs.com/images/baptista-tlda-votes.pdf in
case Baptista makes access to that group private)

NO SIR. This group will never be private access. This group has only two purposes 1) to revive the TLDA - which was originally founded via ICANN. And to ensure the criminal behaviour in europe that saw problems in the inclusive name space - some of which I have recently posted to the GA - never happens again.

Anyone is welcomed to join the TLDA-Members list. It is the unofficial list to the TLDA and right now the only working list of TLDA users.

And yes Dr. Dierker has kindly offered to help the Inclusive Name Space. The Inclusive Name Space is one of the most popular naming systems in the history of the Internet. The most successful commercially - one need only see the list of companies who have invested in it - www.publicroot.org . Unfortunately just like ICANN success has ment we have ended up with crooks, i.e. www.inaic.com - www.un1d.com - www.unifiedroot.com - etc etc. That means alot of people have been scammed. And Dr. Dierker helps is very much welcomed in helping us contact the appropriate consumer protection agencies to put a stop to these scams.

Already we are in touch with the FTC. If you do appropriate due dilligence on me and manage to separate the propaganda from the reality - hard to do based on what you have seen that you have written - but if you do manage that separation you'll also find that the case law we are proceeding under the FTC was due to my research in the Goolnik afair. I also put a top to that scam.

So lets not berate Dierker over this. He's doing a good job in helping me protect people from these sort of scams. Of course I'm a supporter of Dierker. He is working for good.

cheers
joe baptista

George Kirikos wrote:

Hello,

The "election" was obviously an exercise in mental masturbation, and
not legitimate. By their own "rules" at:

http://www.geolang.com/draftGAListRules5.htm

(where the list rules are hosted at a non-ICANN and thus
non-permanent/trusted URL, i.e. it can be changed at will by the host;
a copy is archived at http://www.loffs.com/images/garules5draft.pdf )

1. "The election period shall be at least 14 days"

-- bzzt, "election" was only 2 days!

2. "The election process starts when the GA Secretariat announces that
nominations are open."

-- deliciously, the GA *has no secretariat* !! :) Try to overcome that
one, kooks.

3. "The exact time is decided by the outgoing Chair and the Chair of
the GNSO."

-- bzzzt, the GA had no legitimate outgoing Chair, and furthermore it
is unverified that the Chair of the GNSO had any input into the exact
time decision

4. "Nominees for the Chair are sent to an email address provided by the
Secretariat."

-- see above, there is no Secretariat authorized by the GNSO Council
for the GA mailing list

5. "The watchdogs agree with the Chair and the GNSO Chair the voting
mechanism to be employed and receive full details of the voting
mechanism and oversee all votes"

-- there is no evidence the GNSO Chair, Avri Doria, was involved
whatsoever in the voting mechanism details

6. "Voting is secret; only the secretariat and the committee will be
allowed to see the votes."

-- obviously, the voting was not secret, and there is no secretariat
either, as mentioned above

7. "Subscribers must have been members with at least 5 postings to the
list, at least 90 days prior to the call for an election."

-- David Scott -- never posted on the GA mailing list before. Why did
he join? Perhaps this post by Joe Baptista on the TLDA mailing list
might explain things:

http://groups.google.com/group/tlda-members/browse_thread/thread/6566d4ff4d26cc20/55a62f00683c7c86?hl=en#55a62f00683c7c86

"We need the votes to put Hugh Dierker over the top."

(archived at: http://www.loffs.com/images/baptista-tlda-votes.pdf in
case Baptista makes access to that group private)

One might also note that at:

http://groups.google.com/group/tlda-members/browse_thread/thread/fc6b0e9707744fd7/0609760aace206b7?hl=en#0609760aace206b7

Baptista writes:

"I am pleased to announce that Dr. Eric Hugh Dierker has been added to our group. Dr. Dierker is a lawyer who has offered to help us in getting the inclusive name space off the ground.
Dr. Dierker is International Counsel to Memolin SA de CV, Mexico, Hi-Tek.com.vn Vietnam. DOTVN. Maquiledoras representative in Tijuana,
... "

(archived at: http://www.loffs.com/images/baptista-dierker-lawyer.pdf )

Hardly an independent choice as "monitor" of a list or an "election."

He describes "Dr. Dierker" as a lawyer.....when it's clear from the
California Bar Association's website that he is not a bar member.

http://members.calbar.ca.gov/search/member_detail.aspx?x=112873

"This member is resigned and may not practice law in California."

And as Karl Auerbach pointed out:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=bpc&group=06001-07000&file=6125-6140.05

"6125.  No person shall practice law in California unless the person is
an active member of the State Bar."

An examination of Dierker's post to the TLDA group at:

http://groups.google.com/group/tlda-members/msg/0a044154badf4b61?dmode=source

(archived at: http://www.loffs.com/images/dierker-lawyer-ipaddress.pdf
)

shows an IP address of 71.136.67.252

http://whois.domaintools.com/71.136.67.252

which is San Diego, California. Furthermore, at:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-whois-wg/msg00015.html

"1. Current occupation,
Dierker Consultancy. Consultant for Internet marketing firms operating
in
Vietnam, Mexico, Canada and the USA
2. Work performed in 1 above,
Legal and marketing consulting services regarding registration and
maintenance of data bases."

Obviously, legal services are inconsistent with the known facts from
the California State Bar:

http://members.calbar.ca.gov/search/member_detail.aspx?x=112873

"This member is resigned and may not practice law in California."

And in case more information is needed on Baptista, besides what I've
already posted at:

consider:

http://groups.google.ca/group/bit.listserv.lawsch-l/browse_thread/thread/113a3fd7330c2e13/c53b5b6b9d289288?hl=en&lnk=st&q=&rnum=1#c53b5b6b9d289288

"He wanted to know how I was driving the police and the system crazy."

"I was offered access to resources to further my research into
electronic warfare and also provided with a budget to influence the
civil service."
"I provided the corporation with advice on laundering funds and
depleting general revenues in order to avoid payment of sales tax and
GST."
"Other contributions involved a info-war attack against the Ontario
Film Review Board.  This included setting up paid moles within the
ministry."
In conclusion, the GA list has demonstrated conclusively it cannot
self-govern. Avri's experiment to give the GA list some legitimacy
should be aborted immediately. At a minimum, the list needs to be
renamed, to proper reflect its lack of recognition within ICANN, and to
stop confusion to others not aware of this (for example, the PC World
reporter who fell for these antics).

If Avri, who made it a personal priority to hand over the keys of the
asylum to the inmates, does feel this "election" was legitimate, I'd
like her to post affirmatively to that effect, and reconcile ALL of the
above, and stop suggesting that GNSO Council endorsed this circus. If
Avri considers 4 or 5 "votes" to even constitute a quorum, on a list of
200+ subscribers, I'd like to see the logic. The lack of voting
indicates that they do not want to participate in this circus of an
"election."

And if one considers that:

"I would lke to see the GA appoint an executive and get itself a bank
account.

"get itself a bank account" !! ICANN Board members should seriously
consider the ramifications of that, given the above.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/

--- Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I beleive the vote is not closed.  Below are the vote counts.

Debbie Garside          Vote for Eric Hugh Dierker
George Kirikos          Spoiled Ballot
Sotiris Sotiropoulos    Spoiled Ballot
Dominik Filipp           Vote for Eric Hugh Dierker
Eric Hugh Dierker      Vote for Eric Hugh Dierker
Joe Baptista               Vote for Eric Hugh Dierker
David Scott                Vote for Eric Hugh Dierker

Total votes for Eric Hugh Dierker         5
Total spoiled ballots                             2
Total Votes in this Election                   7

If my co-monitor concurs with me then Eric Hugh Dierker is elected. If any mistakes have been made - please advise.

regards
joe baptista

--
Joe Baptista                                www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium

begin:vcard
fn:Joe Baptista
n:Baptista;Joe
org:PublicRoot Consortium
adr:;;963 Ford Street;Peterborough;Ontario;K9J 5V5 ;Canada
email;internet:baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:PublicRoot Representative
tel;fax:+1 (509) 479-0084 tel;cell:+1 (416) 912-6551
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.publicroot.org
version:2.1
end:vcard