ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [council] Taking the Council's Temperature on Procedures for Consideration of 3rd Accountability Proposal

  • To: Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez <crg@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Phil Corwin <psc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Taking the Council's Temperature on Procedures for Consideration of 3rd Accountability Proposal
  • From: Stephanie Perrin <stephanie.perrin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 18:36:51 -0500
  • Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=stephanie.perrin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
  • Cc: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • In-reply-to: <D0E0E1A4-E1A2-40CB-AFE9-A9BBE94E1620@isoc-cr.org>
  • List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • References: <8E84A14FB84B8141B0E4713BAFF5B84E1DF035A9@Exchange.sierracorporation.com> <D0E0E1A4-E1A2-40CB-AFE9-A9BBE94E1620@isoc-cr.org>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
  • User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/38.4.0

Stephanie Perrin

On 2015-12-03 13:53, Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez wrote:
Dear Phil,

I support any motion that brings us closer to a reasonable, 40 day comment period of the TRANSLATED draft.

Thank you very much

Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez

email: crg@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:crg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Skype: carlos.raulg
+506 8837 7176 (cel)
+506 4000 2000 (home)
+506 2290 3678 (fax)
Apartado 1571-1000

On Dec 3, 2015, at 12:28 PM, Phil Corwin <psc@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:psc@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Fellow Councilors:
This morning the BC held its regular members’ call, and we got into some discussion in regard to background information I had circulated prior to the call (below). However, there was insufficient participation to reach a BC consensus, and we shall continue the discussion on the BC email list. It was decided on the call that I would reach out to other Councilors to get an initial impression of whether we are aiming to discuss and vote on a Resolution of approval or disapproval in two weeks, on our call of December 17^th , or whether we wish to bring that question to a vote on our first call of January 2016. If we are targeting the 17^th then we have a great deal of work to do, including getting consensus feedback from those we represent and preparing a draft Resolution. If we are looking toward January then I would strongly suggest that we schedule that call for January 14^th , and not the 21^st which is only one day prior to the target delivery date to the Board.
What are your views on this most important matter?
Very best regards,
BC members, please note that the second item in item #2, following Steve’s review of the Policy calendar, is: ·*Discussion of final Accountability proposal #3– Comments close December 21- procedure for BC input into CSG, and then GNSO, for Chartering Organization decision* The third Accountability proposal was published on Monday, November 30 for a comment period closing on December 21. The target date for delivering the Proposal to the Board for its consideration is January 22, 2016. _While public comment is being solicited, we are now at the stage where the primary objective is to get the Chartering Organizations to indicate whether they approve or disapprove of the Proposal_– and, if they disapprove, what changes would be required for approval. The GNSO is the relevant Chartering organization for the BC. The next meeting of the GNSO Council is scheduled for December 17, two weeks from today and four days before the close of the public comment period._Susan and I will be looking to BC members to provide a consensus view of the proposal that we can convey to the rest of the CSG, as well as the NCSG and the full Council._ The first meeting of the Council in 2016 will be held on either January 14 or 21. If Council does not approve a Resolution of approval or disapproval on December 17 then I think it is a sure bet that the next call will be on January 14, eight days prior to the scheduled Board delivery date. _With all of that as background, the guidance your Councilors are looking for on today’s call is whether BC members believe they will be able to convey a consensus view on the proposal prior to the December 17 Council meeting, or whether we should be targeting January 14 for that Council decision._If you are planning to be on today’s call please be prepared to share your view on that question, and if you are not on the call please provide your view on the BC-Private list.
*Philip S. Corwin, Founding Principal*
*Virtualaw LLC*
*1155 F Street, NW*
*Suite 1050*
*Washington, DC 20004*
*Twitter: @VlawDC*
*/"Luck is the residue of design" -- Branch Rickey/*

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>