ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [council] Taking the Council's Temperature on Procedures for Consideration of 3rd Accountability Proposal

  • To: Phil Corwin <psc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Taking the Council's Temperature on Procedures for Consideration of 3rd Accountability Proposal
  • From: Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez <crg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 12:53:30 -0600
  • Cc: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=isoc-cr-org.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=content-type:mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date:cc :message-id:references:to; bh=IqAgKg8OiIUGbzTjAmlfr18CO401gMNFSTqeGksaT9Q=; b=0avTOvI5+NCu8skl96/AX2XMC4/RMlTcww9hJXgC79udfKP+KvI6c0+CSFYCVhEEZ6 oH40GBNUWQfCMEWFpvJS4TaFv+lFVS87AXrg5sodmvmela/VQaDn5uuxvSFrl58zHC6K KXE0ykeK8lqLd1RfuekIhS7Yf6jH+QPuFuOo2txuLS0pIwsf9bWbVyPB80ePh3HwWAbw sl1CqXnuH3B2Ux5oe9DifbNWD/eQqV12/qvnU1nLOAo2GxQslAk+Qx+8EH78zDb6ipmd oFUXzlKgxw6hdtb3A1v4btCK9QWiHjq5nb8XpB+xOoswqt7/75mW9gWIf6bRi7bNIRyf zzPg==
  • In-reply-to: <8E84A14FB84B8141B0E4713BAFF5B84E1DF035A9@Exchange.sierracorporation.com>
  • List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • References: <8E84A14FB84B8141B0E4713BAFF5B84E1DF035A9@Exchange.sierracorporation.com>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Phil,

I support any motion that brings us closer to a reasonable, 40 day comment 
period of the TRANSLATED draft.

Thank you very much

Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez

email: crg@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: carlos.raulg
+506 8837 7176 (cel)
+506 4000 2000 (home)
+506 2290 3678 (fax)
Apartado 1571-1000

> On Dec 3, 2015, at 12:28 PM, Phil Corwin <psc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Fellow Councilors:
> This morning the BC held its regular members’ call, and we got into some 
> discussion in regard to background information I had circulated prior to the 
> call (below). However, there was insufficient participation to reach a BC 
> consensus, and we shall continue the discussion on the BC email list.
> It was decided on the call that I would reach out to other Councilors to get 
> an initial impression of whether we are aiming to discuss and vote on a 
> Resolution of approval or disapproval in two weeks, on our call of December 
> 17th, or whether we wish to bring that question to a vote on our first call 
> of January 2016.
> If we are targeting the 17th then we have a great deal of work to do, 
> including getting consensus feedback from those we represent and preparing a 
> draft Resolution. If we are looking toward January then I would strongly 
> suggest that we schedule that call for January 14th, and not the 21st which 
> is only one day prior to the target delivery date to the Board.
> What are your views on this most important matter?
> Very best regards,
> Philip
> *******************************
> BC members, please note that the second item in item #2, following Steve’s 
> review of the Policy calendar, is:
> ·         Discussion of final Accountability proposal #3– Comments close 
> December 21- procedure for BC input into CSG, and then GNSO, for Chartering 
> Organization decision
> The third Accountability proposal was published on Monday, November 30 for a 
> comment period closing on December 21. The target date for delivering the 
> Proposal to the Board for its consideration is January 22, 2016.
> While public comment is being solicited, we are now at the stage where the 
> primary objective is to get the Chartering Organizations to indicate whether 
> they approve or disapprove of the Proposal – and, if they disapprove, what 
> changes would be required for approval.
> The GNSO is the relevant Chartering organization for the BC. The next meeting 
> of the GNSO Council is scheduled for December 17, two weeks from today and 
> four days before the close of the public comment period. Susan and I will be 
> looking to BC members to provide a consensus view of the proposal that we can 
> convey to the rest of the CSG, as well as the NCSG and the full Council.
> The first meeting of the Council in 2016 will be held on either January 14 or 
> 21. If Council does not approve a Resolution of approval or disapproval on 
> December 17 then I think it is a sure bet that the next call will be on 
> January 14, eight days prior to the scheduled Board delivery date.
> With all of that as background, the guidance your Councilors are looking for 
> on today’s call is whether BC members believe they will be able to convey a 
> consensus view on the proposal prior to the December 17 Council meeting, or 
> whether we should be targeting January 14 for that Council decision. If you 
> are planning to be on today’s call please be prepared to share your view on 
> that question, and if you are not on the call please provide your view on the 
> BC-Private list.
> Philip S. Corwin, Founding Principal
> Virtualaw LLC
> 1155 F Street, NW
> Suite 1050
> Washington, DC 20004
> 202-559-8597/Direct
> 202-559-8750/Fax
> 202-255-6172/cell
> Twitter: @VlawDC
> "Luck is the residue of design" -- Branch Rickey

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>