Re: [council] ICANN Academy message

Mary, Bill,

Because if we say it like that, to me it sounds implicitly like we have already
signed off on the academy.

I did not get that as being a Council-wide position from our discussions on
this yesterday.

What I heard was that some are strongly in favor, and some are strongly
cautious (no-one seemed strongly against).

So my message was an attempt at balancing those two positions, without coming
across as being negative.

Perhaps I should at this stage disclose that in my own personal opinion, the
academy is a good idea. I realize that in my drive to earnestly represent the
Council's view and bury my own, which is the approach I've always had to being
Chair of this group, I did not even provide my own views. I am doing so now
just for the sake of full disclosure but of course, I will not carry my own
views into the WG discussions, only the Council's.

Thanks,

Stéphane Van Gelder
Directeur Général / General manager
INDOM Group NBT France