Re: [council] ICANN Academy message

Hi Stephane,

I agree with Mary, particularly in light of prior disconnects on CWGs, the tone
is a bit negative as a first reaction. It almost sounds like we think it's up
to the GNSO Council to decide whether this goes forward so they must satisfy
us.  Of course there will have to be a discussion in the WG in which the
budgetary and other implications are addressed and those participants that
haven't had a chance yet to ponder the proposal can raise any questions they
have about the rationale.  And if ultimately some SGs decide they're
unpersuaded, that will have to be taken on board by the Board.  So why not just
say we look forward to participating and learning more about it? In the event
you think "establishment of" is too loaded in the other direction, perhaps "The
GNSO Council looks forward to participating in the community discussion
concerning the proposed ICANN Academy" would suffice?

Best,

Bill