Re: [council] GNSO Project Prioritization

My sense is that we need a quasi-budgeting process, where the scarce
resource is our time and that of our stakeholder group members and ICANN
staff.  The prioritization effort was useful to the extent it forced us
to consider all the elements already on our agenda.  I don't believe it
gave us Council consensus on which issues were priorities.

To progress further, I'd suggest that we need to address tradeoffs, not
mere preferences: Given our fixed bucket of time and resources, how much
do our stakeholder groups want us to allocate to existing and proposed
new efforts?  Would pursuing new issues bring new resources to the table
(perhaps by engaging different groups within our membership) or should
we deprioritize some existing efforts?

I hope the chair can use some of that in framing our future issue
consideration.

--Wendy

--
Wendy Seltzer -- wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx
Fellow, Silicon Flatirons Center at University of Colorado Law School