Re: [council] GNSO Council meet and greet?

Hi,

On the issue of holding the meet ad greet as a closed meeting:

It has been the practice that if any member felt that meeting needed to be closed we would take a vote, polling each member of the council. If a majority felt the meeting needed to be closed, we closed it.

We have done this on one or two occasions where we needed to speak about individuals and had privacy concerns. If some members believe this session should be closed, I recommend putting in a motion today that we can vote on next week to have this session and to have it as a closed session. Or we can postpone that until the next meeting. I have put this issue on the agenda for te upcoming meeting, but haven't given it a lot of time. I recommend we discuss the issue on the list if we need much more discussion of the divergent viewpoints.

thanks

a.