Re: [council] Council meeting today

On 9 Jul 2009, at 14:49, Rosette, Kristina wrote:

Given that we are in the middle of the comment period, I recommend that we defer a vote until after the public comment period closes so that we have an opportunity to read and act upon those comments (and, hopefully, have a complete document by that time, too). If the vote will proceed today, I will abstain.

As I pointed out in the previous message, the comment period is for the Board's vote on 31 July. The council's vote is really just an advisory to the SIc and the Board of what the council feels about the By Law changes as the By Laws do not require the GNSO Council to approve By Law changes, even if they relate to the GNSO. We can request By Law changes, and we can indicate whether we agree with proposed changes or not, but the GNSO Council does not have a formal role in the process.

a.