RE: [council] draft of 1 slide report
Please see below.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Avri Doria
> Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 4:06 AM
> To: Council GNSO
> Subject: Re: [council] draft of 1 slide report
> Thanks for the reply.
> I am not sure I now what you mean about "comment period ended
> yesterday" While we had an informal comment period, we did
> not have a formal ICANN comment period. And I thought that
> yesterday we decided to ask for a formal comment period.
CG: I thought you meant the ICANN Public Comment Period on the WG report
and I stated the wrong date anyway. It ended on 25 April. Might want
to be more specific either on the slide and/or in your comments about
the slide, saying "formal comment period re. proposed implementation
> While it is true that we could decide in the absence of a
> Board decision, my understanding from our meeting the other
> day was that several constituencies, at this point were
> uncomfortable with making any decisions on process until they
> knew the final substance of the Board's decision.
> - how about: Tabled until next meeting. Waiting for end of
> formal comment period and board decision.
CG: That's fine with suggested change above.
> In relation to the IDNC comment, the council has not yet
> considered whether or in what way we will consider this, so I
> am not sure how I can say we will. Also I am not confident
> that the council is anywhere close to consensus on this issue yet.
> On IRTP,
> - how about: other definitions moved to a future PDP effort
> dealing with related policy issues.
> thanks for the comments
> On 26 Jun 2008, at 08:35, Gomes, Chuck wrote:
> > Avri,
> > Note that the comment period ended yesteday for GNSO
> Improvements so
> > you might want to change the second bullet to say "tabled
> until after
> > board decision", although I don't recall us being that
> specific. What
> > if the Board decision takes several months? It seems to me that we
> > might be able to take a vote on the plan at one of our next two
> > meetings regardless of whether the Board decision was made;
> the vote
> > could be again delayed but we would at least consider like we did
> > yesterday.
> > Under IDNC, do we want to note that the issue of
> county/territory IDN
> > names will be considered further in response to GAC concerns. I
> > personally think this would be good to communicate but am
> > with your decision.
> > For IRTP, I suggest you change "other definitions pulled from PDP
> > until related issues can be resolved" to "other
> definitions moved to
> > a yet to be initiated PDP".
> > Chuck
> >> -----Original Message-----
> >> From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >> [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Avri Doria
> >> Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:13 PM
> >> To: Council GNSO
> >> Subject: [council] draft of 1 slide report
> >> hi,
> >> SO reports are down to one required slide.
> >> here is my draft.
> >> comments welcome, though there isn't much time.
> >> a.