[council] GNSO Council Vice Chair elections
- To: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] GNSO Council Vice Chair elections
- From: "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:14:28 +0200
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 (Windows/20070509)
Dear Council Members,
The formal nomination period, for the election of the GNSO Council
vice chair for the period running concurrently with GNSO Council chair
until 31 January 2008, open for two weeks from Wednesday 13 June
2007 at 12:00 UTC to Wednesday 27 June 2007 at 12:00 UTC has now closed.
There were 2 nominations:
Chuck Gomes, nominated by Tom Keller, seconded by Sophia Bekele,
accepted his nomination,
seconded by Sophia
Chuck Gomes provided a position statement in response to his nomination
Ross Rader, nominated by Mawaki Chango, did not accept his nomination
Thus at the close of nominations there is one candidate, Chuck Gomes.
There is a proposed schedule for an electronic voting period for 14
days, from Wednesday 4 July to Wednesday 18 July at 15:00 UTC.
14 votes or more are needed to elect the vice chair and the election
should be confirmed at a Council meeting.
Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat - ICANN