[council] Draft resolution on domain tasting

  • To: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Draft resolution on domain tasting
  • From: "Maria Farrell" <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:48:04 -0400
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Council members,

Below is a suggested draft resolution regarding domain tasting for
consideration at today's Council meeting.

I have drafted it following my attendance at yesterday's constituency
meetings, with the objective of expressing the views I have heard. It is
simply a draft for your consideration and development.

All the best, Maria

The GNSO Council resolves:

1) To acknowledge the Issues Report on Domain Tasting

2) To create a small, ad hoc group of GNSO representatives to direct and
consider further research on domain tasting, and to draft terms of reference
for a GNSO policy development process

3) To direct the ICANN staff to work with the ad hoc group to gather further
information and data about the domain tasting issue and make further
recommendations on effectively scoping a PDP.

4) To consider the further research and terms of  work, and receive a status
report on non-PDP mechanisms regarding domain tasting, and to consider
whether to launch a policy development at its September 2007 meeting.