[council] Draft Agenda for Council meeting - Thursday 7 June 2007

  • To: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Draft Agenda for Council meeting - Thursday 7 June 2007
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 09:33:33 +0200
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Further to discussion on how we handle the gTLD report.

1. I would still like to hear a counter-argument to the principles I outlined
earlier
regarding the objective of Council working as a committee of the whole.

2. For the record the BC does not support any recommendations characterised
informally by
Chuck as "Broad agreement" without the safety net of those recommendations
characterised
informally as "Work Ongoing".   We have all worked diligently on this and see
the report as
an integrated whole.

If it is to be separated, we will likely be forced to vote against
systematically.
If it is to be separated we will likely be forced to vote against a committee
of the whole
approach for any future PDP based on its meaningless approach.

To date we hear from just one constituency calling for this separate approach.
Lets hear
from others before we decide as Council how we will vote on our own work.

Philip
BC rapporteur