Re: [registrars] Motion to adopt Tasting Position Statement

Tim,
The Registrars Constituency (RC) has not reached Supermajority support for a particular position on Domain Name Tasting.
This puts a (process) conclusion ahead of any (policy) ballot. I suggest not making (process) comments, after all, in theory we could reach a two-thirds position among the voting RC members.

I think we should put the stability and security issue up front. Phish live for days, and the volume of tasting registrations makes it wicked difficult to create mechanisms which rely upon this critical temporal property -- registrations in the first tens of hours of life -- to detect and change A records used in Phish. Part of the energy for WHOIS comes from the claim that without WHOIS Phish can't be caught. We don't want to make that belief more credible than it already is.

I'll talk to the anti-Phish TF folks and get back to the RC, unless someone already has some text ready to go.

Eric