Re: [registrars] Nomination of Jay Westerdal for RC Treasurer

  • To: elliot noss <enoss@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] Nomination of Jay Westerdal for RC Treasurer
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:02:24 -0500
  • Cc: Jay Westerdal <jwesterdal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, registrars@xxxxxxxx, brunner@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Elliot,

Interesting question.

We have registry conflicts-of-interest identified, which is why I'm not running for
anything. I also provide threads to Pool. They are better at it (backorder) than I
am, which doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

We don't have shared management, whether threads or assets other than threads, or
even non-operational assets such as legal counsel or technical consultants.

I suppose we could call these out to completely identify what registrar members
share management of what resources, and in what form that shared management and
resources exist.

There may be good reasons not to vote for Jay, but as interesting as your
question, it isn't a by-laws condition for this office, nor is this office very
large in the grand scheme of things.

My two beads worth, milage varries.

Eric