[ga] primary objectives of the General Assembly mailing list

At 05:43 a.m. 26/07/2007, Debbie Garside wrote:
 Hi Danny

I know we haven't adopted them yet but the draft Rules for Participation
state the following:

----

The primary objectives of the General Assembly mailing list are as follows:

- to ascertain and represent the consensual views of the ordinary citizen as
a collective as pertaining to the business of the GNSO and ICANN

----

Good thing that this Korean issue comes up now to throw the proposed new mission statement of the GA in the spotlight.
Frankly, I'm a bit worried about any mechanism that purports "to ascertain and represent the consensual views of the ordinary citizen as
a collective" if it isn't based on voting and counting.

Or was that what you meant, Debbie?

-joop-