Re: [ga] Haiti, the Internet and ICANN

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Haiti, the Internet and ICANN
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 00:33:30 -0700
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dr. Dierker and all,

Dr. Dierker is right for *Some*.  Not for most.

  And please Dr. Dierker, trim that CC list and get something done
about those Yahoo eMail marketing messages trimmed as well.
Contact your considerate customer services rep. at Yahoo and demand
they remove those eMail marketing message or use a standard eMail
client instead of Webmail.
Be considerate to our friends and allies in Bulgaria whom have
limited Bandwidth.

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    I think you may want to temper this a little. Some of the
> outsourced ccTLDs are quite happy as are the host admininstrations,
> Further the vast majority of ccTLDs are administered in good faith as
> a resource of the country. I work with one that has created good
> working relationship.
>
>   Insofar as your statements are geared toward wayward regimes, I
> concur completely.
>   I just want you to use a smaller brush.
>
>   Eric
>
> Debbie Garside <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   Hi Sotiris
>
> For reasons stated previously, it is something that should not be
> repeated.
> ICANN must remain neutral.
>
> I personally think that ccTLDs should be in the control of the
> administration of the country to which they relate and that these
> countries
> have the duty of care to their users. This is not happening at the
> moment.
> If a country decides to outsource the management of their ccTLD to a
> party
> in another country that is up to them.
>
> I would also say that I don't know that much about ccTLD
> allocation/revocation/management within ICANN. So I could be wrong.
>
> Best regards
>
> Debbie

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827