Re: [ga] netiqette and Danny

At 19:36 03/08/2006, Veni Markovski wrote:
2. Asking individual directors for their "guidance" is not the right way to deal with an organization. At least not with ICANN ...
...snip...
... or phone my congressman. I don't call the President of the US. So your idea of organization seems to conflict with others.

I see. So, for you ICANN = US government. Very interesting, I admit. I've never thought about it. Thanks for pointing it out.

Dear Veni, this is not want Chris means. At least in here.

You know, we are all still confuse about what ICANN is. A non-profit no-member not-elected board corporation acting as a US International Coordination Agency of a file no one really needs, that was created a long ago under other rules, and that delays the whole world development for the ... by the way for who's sake? No one knows. As no one knows about the TLDs, or the ML.ML or the NAT, or the Aliases, or the keywords, or a smart IPv6 addressing, or about etc.

So, sometimes, people hope that a few stakeholders make profit out of it, that Internet users are in a way its @large members, and that the BoD Member represent some constituency the could defend and speak to. Sometimes, many of them think that with its private Government General Assembly, its Chair and its President, ICUNN is more important and powerful than its AN foe (or should I reverse the vowels).

Or, what all your efforts would be? smoke and wasted time?

There is a La Fontaine's tale about a frog who wanted to be bigger than a bull. Chris just hopes the bull makes the frog understand this is odd, before it bows up inflating too much. When I read the report on the NTIA meeting, I really feel this is open mad house.... I hoped you could help correcting that, as Elected Karl tried a few years ago.

jfc