[ga] netiqette and Danny

At 11:43 AM 03.8.2006 '?.'  -0400, kidsearch wrote:

1. The proper channel to ask ICANN questions about its activities, is through the Chair of the Board, or the President. That would be okay, if it ever actually produced a response.

Ha? Even Danny himself has been quoting responses from Vint to him, again in this mailng list.

2. Asking individual directors for their "guidance" is not the right way to deal with an organization. At least not with ICANN, because individual directors have no interest in understanding what users have to say. If I want to deal with the US government I email or phone my congressman. I don't call the President of the US. So your idea of organization seems to conflict with others.

I see. So, for you ICANN = US government. Very interesting, I admit. I've never thought about it. Thanks for pointing it out.

3. Your desire to look for guidance from individual directors is understandabel, as the history of ICANN is full with strong individuals, who may have been giving guidance to you before. The problem is that none of the board members are giving guidance.

And they certainly do a good job, then, if that's what they do. Perhaps you should read the by-laws and see what the directors could do as directors. Now, if someone was asking my own opinion on an issue - that's quite different, and I would have gladly give it. But no, you ask me about my guidance as a director. Representing who? ICANN? The Community? Me? ISOC-Bulgaria?

4. It's better for the broader Internet community to have a strong ICANN, than just strong individuals with desire to give guidance when asked. How can you have any idea what is in the best interest of the Internet community when you do not listen to them?

I can.

5. As for your questions, see the minutes of our January meeting. And note - I do not make comments, or give the "guidance" you requested. Neither you should expect me to comment on this - if you need the comments, read point # 1 above. Rule Number 1: The Board is always right. Rule Number 2. If the board is ever wrong, see rule number 1.

Chris, Chris... When you can't comment on something, just don't do it. By using old jokes, you don't make a point. You make a point only that you can't respond reasonably to the fact that directors can not and should not represent ICANN.

veni