Re: [ga] Early Warning: CAIDA Analysis of IPv4 consumption rates

  • To: JFC Morfin <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Thomas Narten <narten@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Early Warning: CAIDA Analysis of IPv4 consumption rates
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 06:12:14 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jefsey,

My interest is in knowing (1) what global policies are
in place that deal with IPv4 reclamation; (2) what
impact IPv4 depletion will have upon the global
business community, and the costs associated with
ramping up to IPv6; (3)is a black market for IPv4
address expected to emerge, and if so, can policies be
put into place that would serve to deter anticipated
price gouging and profiteering?  Perhaps someone from
the addressing community can speak to these points.

It comes down to this... are we being good stewards of
this diminishing resource?

Danny