Re: [ga] Coalition For ICANN Transparency

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Coalition For ICANN Transparency
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 22:33:30 -0800
  • Cc: Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

As ICANN has had and still does have bottom up process problems
that plague it's legitimacy as well as has rightly to a great degree
earned
the distrust of many stakeholders/users world wide, I have to agree
with Richard to a degree and you also Dr. Deirker to the extent
that part of Richards response was not offering a solution nor
defining what the real problem is.

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    This would be unnattainable. For in responding you would reveal too
> much and therefor

> become transparent. Which may lead to problems of
>   bottom up involvement ;-)
>
> Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   ICANN should also develop a "Responsiveness Policy" where they
> undertake to
> respond to mail in "x" days because that is also part of being open
> and
> transparent: not just evading reasonable questions because it suits
> them to
> ignore correspondence. And they should make themselves accountable to
> third-party scrutiny if they fail to uphold their Responsiveness
> Policy.
>
> Come to that, the concept of a much more independent third-party
> ombudsman/woman would also be a good step towards openness and
> transparency.
>
> The only accountability that really matters to ICANN is its
> accountability
> to the DoC of the USA.
>
> That is insufficient accountability.
>
> Richard H

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827