Re: [ga] Story Behind .ASIA - The shell game is afoot...

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Story Behind .ASIA - The shell game is afoot...
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 23:10:18 -0700
  • Cc: Ram Mohan <rmohan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, James Seng <jseng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  I am sorry as well to read Ram's response regarding .ASIA.  I was also

puzzled that he got James Seng's name wrong in his very brief remarks..

  Openess and transparency on public interest matters should be
embraced,
not shunned, Ram...  As a citizen of the largest democracy in asia, I
would
have thought you knew this.  I am saddened and dismayed for my fellow
INEGroup members in India regarding their fellow citizen, you Ram,
is not behaving as though he has their best interests as a priority...

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    I am really sorry but I find this insulting at best and totally
> disrespectul and least.
> So while decisions are being made it is not appropriate to discuss how
> they are being made?
> So openness and transparency should be shuned, ridiculed and denied?
> This bright fellow will not even say why he believes Mr. Cheng to be
> outstandingly rectitudonal.
> (lets see - to rectify? to have a rectum? to stand erect? I even get,
> unquestionable moral rectitude-- never mind. Some folks should stick
> to 500 word English like our pilots)
>
> But at least now we have afilias on record as denying public input on
> public matters. Give em enough rope and they will certainly hang
> themselves.

> Ram Mohan <rmohan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mr. Cheng is an individual of outstanding rectitude.
>
> .ASIA is currently under evaluation, and therefore I will not comment
> on the
> accuracy or lack thereof of various comments posted on the Internet.
>
> -Ram

    Pierre Abelard