Re: [ga] Re: Interesting Times

Jefsey and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

  Very good and well stated point Jefsey!  Although I am surprised
you made it... I believe your point/remark is very much in keeping
with the MoU....  However it seems that Danny and Sotiris have
missed that...

J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:

> At 06:04 27/01/2005, Danny Younger wrote:
> >There was a man who was laid to rest in a corner of his small farm in New
> >Rochelle not far from where I live.  He died in poor health and poverty as
> >an alcoholic and as an outcast.  He never established a political society
> >or organization and was not responsible for a single reforming measure
> >even though he was elected to public office.  But this man will not be
> >forgotten -- he authored the pamphlet, "Common Sense"; he wrote "The
> >Rights of Man" as well as "The Age of Reason" -- he was Thomas Paine.
> >
> >Paine taught us that each age of man has the right to establish a
> >political system which satisfies its needs.  Our Internet Age also
> >requires a system that will satisfy our needs.  There are times when
> >society requires a firebrand, a Thomas Paine, to point out that which we
> >all know, but often fail to vocalize.  We have our firebrands in the WSIS
> >process, in the blogs and in the civil society leadership.  Why is it
> >important they have a voice?... so that common sense and rights are
> >brought to the forefront of a new revolution, a revolution that is calling
> >for transparency and democracy in the management of the Internet.
>
> I think you said all when you said "There was a man" and then "We have our
> firebrands". What we have to learn to live with - and the GA, IDNO,
> icannatlarge efforts shown it, is the transition from a single Paine in an
> open world to a large number of Paines in a single globe. Not that easy.
> Using our old solutions of hierarchy and democracy does not work in the
> granularity and the subsidiairty of our today's world: getting defined and
> accepted representation by competent motivation (consumer organizations,
> @large, etc.)
>
> jfc

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx