Re: [ga] Interesting Times

  • To: sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Interesting Times
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:15:43 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am assuming you are in agreement with ALAC that only domain name holders should be considered as stakeholders in matters ICANN. Is this your position because of the verification of voting rubicon or because of a need for minimal knowledge requirements? Certainly these are rational positions for either or both reasons.

Personally I tend to agree with you that Springer level moronity should be left to passive entertainment of the less than average intellect. But I submit that simple useage on a regular basis of technology and the ability to stay with the process long enough to be interested enough to vote weeds out these types of thistles. What say you?

"The very notion that Marx believed that this could eventually happen at
all, is where his brand of "democracy" differs from that of Benjamin
Franklin."

Correct in my view. Marxs' appears not to work in practice and the Almanac man seems a little elitist. If we stick with elitism we should be honest and make our battle lines clear, what is wanted are people who share our view in the ruling class of the internet, not representatives of the ignorant masses. This would appear to mirror the vast majority of views found in PLOGS (Posting Sites On Governance Strategies) At this evolutionary stage of Internet Governance I would lean toward this model.

I apologize if I made it seem as though I took any offense as to your reference to my bent and California politik. I felt they were decent observations. Sometimes internally the balance between Lockes' Utopia, my ecclesiastic background and realities of global politics, and my JD become teeder toddery.

Eric