Re: [ga] New mailing list: icann-people.

Thomas, Joop, and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

Thomas Roessler wrote:

> On 2004-09-10 15:19:16 +1200, Joop Teernstra wrote:
>
> > 1. Why did you discontinue to host www.democracy.org.nz which
> > contains IDNO archives and pointers to the IDNO archives?
>
> I discontinued doing *what*?  Check your facts, Joop -- I *never*
> hosted that site.

  Joop is often confused as history has shown many of us...

> > 2. In your goodbye letter to the ICANN -Europe list that you also
> > recently discontinued you mentioned several blogs and fora.
>
> > Why did you not mention icannatlarge and its webfora?
>
> Because I didn't find a single place there that actually dealt with
> ICANN, as opposed to dealing with icannatlarge and its webfora.
> Quite frankly, I don't find a single place there that I could
> recommend to anyone.  It's quite sad, but that's what it is.

  Agreed and in general that is why icannatlarge.org/com is
dead...  It was ill almost as soon as it was conceived for
many IDNO-desease related reasons...

> >>When (if?) enough people have come together, I'll send an
> >>initial posting to let subscribers know.
>
> >>(As I said, this is an experiment.  It may quite well fail.)
>
> > What will you consider success? In other words: what is the
> > mission statement of the list-owner-without-hat (beyond
> > conducting an experiment)?
>
> As success, I'd count people joining, staying, and posting.  As
> success, I'd count discussions across constituencies and groups
> inside ICANN that are *also* open to "outsiders."

  Why would ICANN have "outsiders." of those that have
been active participants sense 1999 until Stuart Lynn killed
the DNSO GA?  What happened to true openness and
transparency as in accordance with the original MoU and
White paper?

  Frankly your last sentence here doesn't jive/make sense...

> --
> Thomas Roessler                    <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx