Re: [ga] New mailing list: icann-people.

On 2004-09-10 15:19:16 +1200, Joop Teernstra wrote:

> 1. Why did you discontinue to host www.democracy.org.nz which
> contains IDNO archives and pointers to the IDNO archives?

I discontinued doing *what*?  Check your facts, Joop -- I *never*
hosted that site.

> 2. In your goodbye letter to the ICANN -Europe list that you also
> recently discontinued you mentioned several blogs and fora.

> Why did you not mention icannatlarge and its webfora?

Because I didn't find a single place there that actually dealt with
ICANN, as opposed to dealing with icannatlarge and its webfora.
Quite frankly, I don't find a single place there that I could
recommend to anyone.  It's quite sad, but that's what it is.

>>When (if?) enough people have come together, I'll send an
>>initial posting to let subscribers know.

>>(As I said, this is an experiment.  It may quite well fail.)

> What will you consider success? In other words: what is the
> mission statement of the list-owner-without-hat (beyond
> conducting an experiment)?

As success, I'd count people joining, staying, and posting.  As
success, I'd count discussions across constituencies and groups
inside ICANN that are *also* open to "outsiders."

--
Thomas Roessler                    <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>