Re: [ga] New mailing list: icann-people.

  • To: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] New mailing list: icann-people.
  • From: Joop Teernstra <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:19:16 +1200
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 11:24 p.m. 9/09/2004, Thomas Roessler wrote:
Folks,

I feel that the ICANN community is currently lacking a place for
reasonable online discussion -- all there is is icannwatch and a
couple of blogs; the GA list seems mostly dead.  As an experiment,
I've set up a moderated mailing list named icann-people; please join
at <http://lists.does-not-exist.org/mailman/listinfo/icann-people>.

Thomas,

Just two simple questions:

1. Why did you discontinue to host www.democracy.org.nz which contains IDNO archives and pointers to the IDNO archives?

2. In your goodbye letter to the ICANN -Europe list that you also recently discontinued you mentioned several blogs and fora.

Why did you not mention icannatlarge and its webfora?

I'll run the list the autocratic way: No message is distributed
unless I, personally, believe it is appropriate, and reasonably
relevant to the ICANN community.  I'm specifically *not* doing this
wearing *any* hat but "too long-time ICANN participant."

Your frustration stems from a feeling of having been conned?
Or from an inability to find support from the others who are "too long-time ICANN participants?

When (if?) enough people have come together, I'll send an initial
posting to let subscribers know.

(As I said, this is an experiment. It may quite well fail.)

What will you consider success? In other words: what is the mission statement of the list-owner-without-hat (beyond conducting an experiment)?

Best regards,

-joop-