Re: [ga] IANA is a function performed by ICANN

Jefsey and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

 The ITU on this very forum has shown it's true colors with some careful
questioning and prodding.  See archives.  The ITU's history has been one
of solving few if any problems, and overkill or under kill on addressing
recognized issues or concerns.  They either incorrectly wish to swat
flies with a sledge hammer or beat bears into submission with a willow
switch.  Such contrary behavior is long standing with the ITU as many
or some here know full well.

  Joop rarely knows of what he speaks.  His IDNO history at a minimum
has proven that beyond any contrary repudiation.

J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:

> At 02:50 26/06/04, Joop Teernstra wrote:
> >How long will it take before the ITU members agree on an IANA -treaty?
>
> an ITU Treaty calls for consensus between 190 countries. So it may takes
> time, all the more than these countries have said consensually that they
> acknwoldedged the quadripartite nature of the intergovernance (techincal,
> societal, economical, political), ie in ISOC/Internet words : IETF, @large,
> ICANN, GAC.
>
> The initiative can only be by small and smart structures. IETF is too
> rigid. GAC is too diplomatic. So the competition was between ICANN and
> @large. Unfortunately .... ICANN is the only one today, we all know why.
>
> >And what role would the DoC and the status-quo play in the formulation of
> >any such treaty?
>
> Only delays. This is the nature of a international consensus. But ICANN
> being in place and cooperative to the Advocay Center, the situation is
> seemingly good for the US dominance. Actually it is not on medium or even
> shorter range and leads the USA to lose their leading edge.
>
> >Paul Twomey talks to Annan.
>
> Good luck. The inter-nets belongs to none of them. Annan knows it.
>
> >ICANN is not worried.
>
> Is this a proud or a sad comment? I must say that with you one never knows :-)
> jfc

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS