Re: [ga] Conspiracies! Is VeriSign investigating members of this list?

Karl and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

Karl Auerbach wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, George Kirikos wrote:
>
> > http://www.icannwatch.org/article.pl?sid=04/06/18/0334236&mode=nested
> >
> > If you scroll down to the first comment, Arnold and Porter (VeriSign's
> > law firm) is even interested in me! :)
>
> > Is anyone else on this list ...
> > ...being branded part of a vast secret conspiracy?
>
> > Karl? Marilyn? ... Others?
>
> The cavebear privacy policy - http://www.cavebear.com/privacypolicy.htm -
> (which is rather different than most other privacy policies) precludes me
> from examining my web logs for that purpose.

  Yes, and our privacy policy for our members is very strong and I have
posted it several times on this forum so I shall not again at this time.  As
a result of the first time I did post it here, Harald Alvestrand called it
"nutty" yet it is very similar to yours Karl as well as some other
organizations
and corporations as well.  Interesting Harald was at one time the Chair of
the GA and is now the Chair of the IAB.

> If we want privacy limitations on data (such as whois) collected by
> others, we ought to practice privacy limitations on the data that we
> collect.

  Exactly right...

>                 --karl--

    Pierre Abelard