Re: [ga] Conspiracies! Is VeriSign investigating members of this list?

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Conspiracies! Is VeriSign investigating members of this list?
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 09:41:40 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Karl's point should be well taken.  As one who has lived on both sides of the privacy fence I find that the more restrictive we make it the better for all. I have broken security and privacy on many occassions, and it has been profitable. From parabolic mikes to wiretaps to false pretenses to virtual B&E.  National and indeed International security may require it. But for private industry to do it to gain a financial advantage or merely to do it because they can is revolting. (See Clintons' Book)
But for a group of international polyglomerates to intentionally sit down and agree on a methodology and plan to invade peoples privacy (and this is a crime in California) is a conspiracy to commit a criminal act against another.  The proposals and existing Whois is in fact a mob or gang activity and is subject to RICO and the Anti-Terrorism Acts and the Patriot act. It is a Cabal and by innactivity by the few who can paint it the color it deserves its' immorality will continue.
Eric

Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, George Kirikos wrote:

> http://www.icannwatch.org/article.pl?sid=04/06/18/0334236&mode=nested
>
> If you scroll down to the first comment, Arnold and Porter (VeriSign's
> law firm) is even interested in me! :)

> Is anyone else on this list ...
> ...being branded part of a vast secret conspiracy?

> Karl? Marilyn? ... Others?

The cavebear privacy policy - http://www.cavebear.com/privacypolicy.htm -
(which is rather different than most other privacy policies) precludes me
from examining my web logs for that purpose.

If we want privacy limitations on data (such as whois) collected by
others, we ought to practice privacy limitations on the data that we
collect.

--karl--