[ga] U.N.

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] U.N.
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 14:09:45 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We all would be well advised, especially those involved in Internet Broadcasting and copyrightable material or those that duplicate and republish, to keep on eye on the WIPOut Broadcasting treaty work that is going on. There are some serious infingements of individual rights being bantied about and some fifty year plans that include Internet matters. ccTLD managers should really get an ear up on this as it effects them when their gov. signs off on it.
It should be noted it is being handled in an open and transparent manner and even detractors are at least given a sideline seat. I note a conspicuous absence of ICANN and a conspicuous absence of mention of the treaty within ICANN. I wonder if Iraq or China will be signatores.
Eric