Re: [ga] dotIQ secret deal

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>, Don Evans <DEvans@xxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] dotIQ secret deal
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 00:47:26 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or interested stakeholders/users,

  Well many would and have voiced agreement with much of what you
have recanted and/or suggested in your remarks  below.  Yet ICANN
yet seems to have little accountability to anyone, most especially those

that ICANN is supposed to serve, the stakeholders/users and/or
consumers.

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    ICANN and a cadre are playing fast and loose with a name space
> covering millions of people.
>
> Does not the fact that this is all being done without the Internet
> community at-large having serious input into the situation make it
> look like an inside job.  We have many Iraqi ex-pats working and
> living in my community and none of them have heard or seen anything
> about this.  Many are in regular communication, via the internet, with
> Iraqis, friends, family, neighbors and paramours in Iraq. This is just
> stupid how this is being done. It looks like a three way multinational
> trade deal in physical commodities where someone is playing an end
> run.
> We saw this to a huge degree on the fall of USSR. The only competent
> "businessmen" had been doing it illegally under a crooked regime for
> so long, they just assumed side deals and payoffs were part of the
> deal. It is a greed factor multiplied by years of training and habit.
> Combine this already fertile reconstructionism atmosphere with the
> clearly corrupt ICANN and we will see a real travesty and power grab
> that will be impossible to wrench free from the provisionilists. Does
> anyone here know what a carpetbagger is or was. That is only one
> hundred and fifty years ago right here in the US.
> Eric

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS