[ga] dotIQ secret deal

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] dotIQ secret deal
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 11:17:01 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ICANN and a cadre are playing fast and loose with a name space covering millions of people.

Does not the fact that this is all being done without the Internet community at-large having serious input into the situation make it look like an inside job.  We have many Iraqi ex-pats working and living in my community and none of them have heard or seen anything about this.  Many are in regular communication, via the internet, with Iraqis, friends, family, neighbors and paramours in Iraq. This is just stupid how this is being done. It looks like a three way multinational trade deal in physical commodities where someone is playing an end run.
We saw this to a huge degree on the fall of USSR. The only competent "businessmen" had been doing it illegally under a crooked regime for so long, they just assumed side deals and payoffs were part of the deal. It is a greed factor multiplied by years of training and habit.
Combine this already fertile reconstructionism atmosphere with the clearly corrupt ICANN and we will see a real travesty and power grab that will be impossible to wrench free from the provisionilists. Does anyone here know what a carpetbagger is or was. That is only one hundred and fifty years ago right here in the US.
Eric