Re: [ga] Back to Bagdad

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>, Don Evans <DEvans@xxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Back to Bagdad
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 23:46:34 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, james tierney <james.tierney@xxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, "Nancy J. Victory" <NVICTORY@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA member or other interested
stakeholder/users,

  Any and all Users or Stakeholders/users, regardless of what their self

determination of status may be are equal or should be considered as
equals on the internet, as they are footing the bill one way or another.

  ICANN, nor WIPO, WTO, nor even the USPTO can change that
fact regardless of whatever ideology they may hold so dear.

  The USPTO is a US tax payer funded government organization.  We
whom are US Tax payers are their employers.  Same is true of
DOC/NTIA.  Ngo's for various types in the US have the duty
and right to influence to the extent they are able these government
organizations and their contracted agents.  What some of these
Government agencies or departments do is attempt to limit said
influence or input so as to restrict IOHO, access.  As such, many
stakeholders/users are disadvantaged inappropriately and against
many of these organizations own charters.  This is why many
stakeholders via civil right organizations or self formed other
organization have become disenchanted and distrustful of organizations
such as ICANN, WIPO, WTO, USPTO, ect...

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>   Jun. 03, 2004
> Introduction to the WTO TRIPS Agreement in Iraq put on by the USPTO.
>
> Location: Baghdad, Iraq, Training Recipient: Trade officials
> The day-long seminar for 30 Ministry of Industry and Minerals and
> Ministry of Interior officials which was hosted by coalition
> reconstructionists, and basically paid for by my (U.S.) tax dollars.
> Understanding of major trade issues and compliance with international
> customs and practice is the quickest way for Iraq to engage others and
> prosper.
> Isolationism sucks at best and cripples the rights of the individual.
>
> Think of what the isolation did to old Iraq, USSR, Libya, Vietnam.
> What is still doing in North Korea, Iran.  Someone wrote that the
> delegation of a ccTLD is solely a matter of internal struggle and a
> right of self determination.  How wrong they were. It is a grave
> matter of global tolerance and integration and the right that the
> community be connected.
> National - International recognition - has proven to be a great keeper
> of the culture as long as communities interact and learn from the
> mistakes and histories of others. It is not only the right of
> outsiders to influence such matters it is their obligation as fellow
> humans.
>
> Look at ICANN they have isolated themselves and have become
> innefective and nothing in the workings of the Internet, they gave up
> their rights when they refused to listen to those they considered
> outsiders and denied stakeholders a voice.
> Eric

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS