Re: [ga] Re: VIRUS ADVISORY - W32/Netsky.s@MM - Ken Stubbs duped?

  • To: Don Brown <donbrown_l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: VIRUS ADVISORY - W32/Netsky.s@MM - Ken Stubbs duped?
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 23:10:20 -0700
  • Cc: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ken Stubbs <kstubbs@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Ken Stubbs (3rd E-mail address)" <kstubbs@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Ken Stubbs (Yahoo address)" <kstubbs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

Don Brown wrote:

> Yes.  It forges the return address.  What don't you understand, other
> than Stubbs was NOT responsible?

  I do understand that it is ONE possibility, not necessarily the cause...
Why didn't Ken understand as a fellow stakeholder/user that he could
have prevented this sort of thing occurring IF indeed this virus was
the actual cause or he was a victim of it...

> Let's get on with something of value . . . .

  We are.  And we should. If this was not of value, given it's source
than what is?  Ignorance is no excuse for becoming a victim, IF Ken
is indeed a victim in this instance...  Given his many Email personas,
that remains a matter of some doubt...

> [...]
> >>
> >> Learn More about W32/Netsky.s@MM:
> >> ==> http://us.mcafee.com/root/campaign.asp?cid=9999
> >>
> >> Scan for W32/Netsky.s@MM:
> >> ==> http://us.mcafee.com/root/campaign.asp?cid=10000
> >>
> >> ____________________Virus Fixes_____________________
> >>
> >> McAfee VirusScan 8.0
> >> McAfee Internet Security Suite 6.0
> >> Stop viruses, trojans, worms, and more. Now includes
> >> email and attachment scanning.
> >>
> >> Update DAT file
> >> ==> http://us.mcafee.com/root/campaign.asp?cid=8245
> >>
> >> Upgrade Center
> >> Make sure you have the very latest Internet protection.
> >> ==> http://us.mcafee.com/root/campaign.asp?cid=8246
> >>
> >> Bundle Center
> >> Build your own security bundle here.
> >> ==> http://us.mcafee.com/root/campaign.asp?cid=9569
> >>
> >> Members Only! Exclusive deals for valued McAfee Security
> >> customers like yourself.
> >> ==> http://us.mcafee.com/root/campaign.asp?cid=9570
> >>

> >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >>

> >> [ You are currently subscribed as: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ]
> >>
> >> Please feel free to forward this email to any interested
> >> friends, family and associates.
> >>
> >> Subscribe: If you received this message from a friend and
> >> would like to subscribe to eSecurity News, virus alerts and
> >> special offers, go here.
> >> ==> http://dispatch.mcafee.com/us/sub.asp
> >>
> >> Unsubscribe: If you prefer not to receive future email from
> >> McAfee, please go here.
> >> ==> http://us.mcafee.com/root/campaign.asp?cid=9825
> >>
> >> Need further assistance? Visit McAfee Support.
> >> ==> http://us.mcafee.com/root/support.asp
> >>
> >> View our privacy policy.
> >> ==> http://us.mcafee.com/root/campaign.asp?cid=8207
> >>
> >> McAfee is a business unit of Network Associates, Inc.
> >> 3965 Freedom Circle, Santa Clara, CA 95054, (408) 992-8599
> >> © 2004, Networks Associates Technology, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
> >>

> JW> Regards,
>
> JW> --
> JW> Jeffrey A. Williams
> JW> Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 134k members/stakeholders strong!)
> JW> "Be precise in the use of words and expect precision from others" -
> JW>     Pierre Abelard
>
> JW> "If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B;
> JW> liability depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by
> JW> P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
> JW> United States v. Carroll Towing  (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
> JW> ===============================================================
> JW> Updated 1/26/04
> JW> CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security
> JW> IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.
> JW> E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> JW>  Registered Email addr with the USPS
> JW> Contact Number: 214-244-4827
>
> ----
> Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
> donbrown_l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx         http://www.inetconcepts.net
> PGP Key ID: 04C99A55              (972) 788-2364  Fax: (972) 788-5049
> Providing Internet Solutions Worldwide - An eDataWeb Affiliate

    Pierre Abelard